Thursday, May 23, 2013

Tote bags

Quite a gloomy day outside this morning! I've been carousing through Pinterest looking for easy sewing ideas because I am trying to build an inventory for Fondue Fest. My goal is to create quality products that are relatively inexpensive yet desirable to young parents/young adults. I'm hoping to have a few completed baby/toddler sized quilts as well as baby items such as booties, dresses, and onesies. In addition to all of that, I've also started working on these tote bags. They are SO easy and end up with a nice, finished product. My goal is to make more with better lining on the inside with loops, pockets and flaps.

This past weekend, I almost completed two quilt tops. This seems like a crazy amount of work considering that I also finished these bags, but one of them was already in blocks and the other was all cut out. One quilt top still needs a border and the other just needs to be sandwiched, stitched, and bound.

Normally, I would try to get a lot of sewing done today since my husband switched days to be off because I am walking at graduation tonight. Mom said, "I won't speak to you if you don't walk at commencement," and Hub - in a very ultimatum type fashion, "you're walking." It just feels strange because I finished this associate degree in December, and I don't feel much like celebrating after my terrible first semester at "the big school". All that matters is that I accomplished something - got my two year degree! Yay! I deserve to celebrate with my loved ones and so I will  try to enjoy myself. That being said, I am sure I'll have a lot more fun than my hubby and parents sitting in the audience with Linc (1) and Chase (3), neither of whom wants to sit still for more than 30 seconds. I won't feel to bad about that either, I'll just tell them, "you people wanted me up here!"


1 comment:

  1. Good work momma, congratulation on your graduation! Wish I could be there sharing the moment. I love you my dear!

    ReplyDelete