Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Embroidery, baby quilts, and Br Ba

I have had a slow week for production due to my latest obsession with Breaking Bad. I'm on season 3 right now. I'm so addicted - I wait for the boys to go to bed and watch 3-4 episodes at night and 1 or 2 at naptime.

Yesterday, my mom and I took a lovely trip to Kohler and spent the morning in the spa before doing a little window shopping in the afternoon. I saw a Vera Bradley display and after reading comments about how my work resembles hers, I've found a bit of inspiration. I even went to pick up more goodies today to get chugging along on.

Somehow between all of this, I did manage to finish up another quilt top, a pink baby girl chevron that, in my opinion, needed a lot more planning before I started. It actually began as an idea for a very wide border on the Meadow Hello Kitty Lilies quilt, but I was not fond of the pinks on the top of that quilt. I sewed my sides together and ended up with a not-so-terrible quilt top with a cute stripey border. It's on the hoop right now and I will post pictures once it has been completed. 

I also began a patch for the MHKL quilt that has the recipient's name embroidered on it. It's going to have a solid fill, I'm considering trying ombre but I have yet to commit to that idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment