Saturday, June 1, 2013

Shop!

It's been a while that I've been thinking about starting a shop on Etsy. First, I wasn't sure about how much of my earnings would go to them and didn't take the time to do the research on that. Second, I've always considered my work to be mediocre and to be honest, in the past I tried to get as much done in as short of time possible mainly due to work or school, or both. Well, I finally put my big girl pants on and found out that a very small portion of earnings go into the company and, apart from the boys, I've got all the time in the world to sew now that summer's here and the quality of my work has drastically improved since I've been paying closer attention to the details. So, here she is: my quilt shop! I named my store Paigey-Pie Quilts, which is a nickname my friends donned upon me years ago.
As far as production goes, I'm about 2/3 finished with quilting the Hello Kitty baby quilt. I chose to do a stacked horizontal stripe for the border on either side, leaving the top and bottom with the inner white border only - to give the quilt a little extra width. I love the look of this border and will be using it again in the future. Here's a glance at what I have going on the hoop as of now.

After this one is finished, I am looking to work on some bibs and burp cloths, possibly some craft wallets, and some lovely totes with these beautiful prints I picked up from Hobby Lobby this weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment