Sunday, June 23, 2013

Practice makes perfect...

I haven't had the time lately to go out and buy new supplies for new projects so I'm a little at a stand-still. I have been working on some of my scrap bin, though. I started a new tote, a bit taller than the past few. It's called Anchors Away! because of the lovely anchor fabric I featured on it. I'd like a matching lining and so it will be until my next trip to the fabric store before I can finish it. 

I've also been quilting my strippy quilt...I think the reason it's taking me so long is that I'm just not in love with it. It's an old project that I didn't give the time and patience it deserves as I was still learning when I began it. I'm about 2/3 done with it and would like to see the binding on by the end of the week. 

Two of the things I've been practicing with are a feather block  from Anna Marie Horner (http://www.annamariahorner.com/Feather.Bed.Quilt.pdf) and also a couple blocks of a Winding Ways quilt to test out my template. 

No comments:

Post a Comment