Sunday, June 2, 2013

Yummy...Pancakes!


  • I've finally found the perfect pancake recipe! I tweaked it a little because I always find homemade pancake recipes to be much too sweet. I cut the sugar by half and added a little lemon juice for that melt-in-your-mouth type pancake. I don't do anything fancy with the mixing. I sift the dry and add in the wet. Mix and pour batter in 1/3 cup portions onto my pan after melting butter. They were a hit with both boys and my husband! Not too sweet and a beautiful rise. If you get the pan the right temp, you'll get that crispy edge that is sooooo good with syrup poured over. And yes, we are using old BK Hercules plates that my husband had. 
    • 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
    • 1.5 T sugar
    • 1.75 T baking powder
    • 1 tsp salt
    • 1.5 cups milk
    • 3 T melted butter
    • 2 eggs
    • .5 tsp vanilla
    • 1 tsp lemon juice

No comments:

Post a Comment